Our story

After our presentation, now a little of our story ... sorry long text 😅

All start in 2013 ....
After a 12 years practice horse riding my parents always promise me to buy me a horse the years of my 18 years, big gift for big moment and it was this famous years, I was really excited.
We talk about the horse I want with my coach, characteristic: mare, 4 - 9 years old, black (mother obligation), tall, german breed, for jumping & dressage, it was in February.
After some research my coach come back in March with a young mare 2 years and 8 month, black, german breed, baby face and just finish her "starter training".
I only had 3 days for test her because of my school was far away and I was in intership.
The 3 days was quick and good for a young horse, Swann was absolutely cute so I decided to bought her and it was the start of your lovely story ...


June 2013

I always thinking to take our times in her training for preserve her health, I start to ride only 30 minutes/3x times per week and much after months for her good training and I was attentive of her growth.
We start to jump a little in December 2013, just some little jump and we really start to jump in October 2014 in collective lesson.
Our first competition was in May 2015, a Club 3 (french classification for jump 75 cm) we finish with 8 penalty points and n°28/31 but she was really calm and attentive, I was much stressful than her (it was my first competition of my live too). Our 2nd competition was in September 2015 in Club 3 we finish n°5/+25 and Club 2 we are eleminated beacause of 3 refusal.


Competition May 2015


During these years nothing exceptionnal, just: training, fun moments, field time, outdoor training in the forest, good years, really 😊




In August 2016 I pass my last level, the Galop 7 (french classification), Swann was too young and not experimented for the dressage session but I would like to try with her, and only her if we fail in dressage it's nothing because I say we doesn't have the level (yes I doesn't training Swann in dressage).
In July I take with Swann private dressage class with my coach in previous of the dressage rehearsal Galop 7, hard training in hot weather not the best for us.
During the Galop 7 week, Swann start to kick, not bad to her congener but something like to a pain, I would like to stop but my coach refuse, I continue it was only in gallop so let's continue ...
- The cross was f.a.b.u.l.o.u.s Swann was like she always make cross (in other life maybe), I was sooo scary and her sooo "I want to jump!" even her speedy gallop she return at trot when I ask her, good pony.
- The dressage, we fail, I know it, we was really chic and classy, but the rehearsal was hard for our technical and level, Swann doesn't support after a week a dressage training the bridle (2 bits) sooo we was pretty and classy and we was the best beauty couple.
- The jumping, we make 2 round, first one in Club 2 (85 cm) and second in Club 1 (95 cm), always in hot weather, not good for horse and rider, after a hard dressage rehearsal, Swann start to be tired (I understand her). First round was good even is pain who doesn't disapear during the week, second round after 3 refusal on the 1st jump she start the jumping course, my coach decide I fail the Jumping because of that, my horse even with her pain jump 2 times than the other girls jump only 1 jumping course (I'm always angry about this time of our story!), my mummy was angry, me too and I cried a lot because Swann even is pain make me pleasure to jump and be brave.
So the Monday my coach ask me to jump another time and tell me "it's ok you have your Jumping Galop 7".


Janvier 2017


About Swann back pain, after the big training and exam week of Galop 7, I call the Osteopath and he came after some days after the training (because of his holidays) during this time it was field and ride in the forest for us.
The pain was always in Swann during some months, the Osteopath came 3 times and it was always painful, so I called the Vet in November for a scan of her back ... result ... Arthrosis (= Dorsalgie), Swann, 6 years have back Arthrosis she never had hard jumping or anything like hard training and she have this f***ing diseas.
So since this time I will make all I can for her back and her health, and for her cosiness! 💪
She is predisposed to osteoarthritis of the back, this is the only reason that the veterinarian found me (her saddle is adapted too her back).
In 31th December I going with my dad to the special horse clinic for a better scan and radiography of her back, and same result: back Arthrosis + proximity of the lumbar spines (L1/L3), so she had injections and mesotherapy.
I return at the same clinic in March, for a injection at the sacrum and a all look of her morphology, speed ...
Now she is better, really now we need to work in the good way, she can be ride sure and she have special horseshoes for her anteriors [with leather plate] and no horseshoes for the posteriors.

In July I move Swann in a little private horse centre, only 22 horses, really quite place and good field.
She live in stable and go out as far as I can take her out.
I make a new training schedule for us and try to make all days better in work.
I stop to jump and maybe retry next year.


That's our story, much about Swann than about me, she is all for me, my baby pony and I take big care about her.
Now she is fine, her back too, even hard time during training we have the same character after all sometimes is electric.


Swann & Me August 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swann food - MASTERHORSE

Turnout Highlander Fox Print - SHIRES